Symbol Syndication is looking for a Video Editor / Videographer to join our media production team. At Symbol Syndication, we pride ourselves on thinking creatively – and share a passion for building brands and understanding a world driving by social media content. This position provides part time work, flexibility and when not at shoots, the option to work in the office or from home.
Who are you?
We’re looking for someone who’s naturally creative. You enjoy working with video, are fascinated by online marketing, and like working with other creatives. You value the ability to work remotely and have a flexible schedule. Communicating within the agency, along with working in a fast paced environment comes easily to you. You are also resourceful, responsive, and a problem solver.
- highly experienced editing in Adobe Premiere
- highly experienced editing in Adobe After Effects
- strong grasp on camera settings for video
- basic knowledge of video lighting
- basic knowledge of audio setup for video
- basic knowledge of photoshop and illustrator
- basic knowledge of file formats including png, ai, eps and jpg
- ability to problem solve
- ability to work within tight deadlines when necessary
- willingness to learn new editing and design skills
- basic knowledge of audio editing and cleanup
- basic understanding of colour correction
- experience editing interviews and corporate videos
- efficient editing workflow
- good knowledge of contemporary cameras, file formats, codecs, and their proper handling in a post workflow
Additional beneficial, but not required, skills:
- Extensive knowledge of design
- Basic understanding of social media marketing
- Basic knowledge of animation
- Audio post-production experience is a plus (recording, mixing, scoring, etc)
- Photography experience
Symbol Syndication is a creative marketing agency that focuses primarily on creating unique and engaging videos for small to medium businesses. We are a small company and with a small team that works closely together to ensure clients are happy and keep coming back.
We offer flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
We offer an hourly rate starting at $20/hr with room for increase within the first 6 months based on skill and efficiency.
Please submit the information below to apply online, or send a resume and cover letter, along with a portfolio to email@example.com.